Human Resources Specialist
Website Kane Hall Barry Neurology
We are looking for a full-time Human Resources Specialist to support and coordinate all activities in the human resources area including organizational development, health and safety, benefits, and training function for the two offices. An ideal candidate should have strong professional and interpersonal skills with a positive attitude to help achieve the company goals.
- Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns.
- Analyze employment-related data and prepare required reports.
- Conduct exit interviews and ensure that necessary employment termination paperwork is completed.
- Conduct reference or background checks on job applicants.
- Confer with management to develop or implement personnel policies or procedures.
- Contact job applicants to inform them of the status of their applications.
- Develop or implement recruiting strategies to meet current or anticipated staffing needs.
- Hire employees and process hiring-related paperwork.
- Inform job applicants of details such as duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions, or promotion opportunities.
- Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations.
- Interview job applicants to obtain information on work history, training, education, or job skills.
- Maintain and update human resources documents, such as organizational charts, employee handbooks or directories, or performance evaluation forms.
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Perform searches for qualified job candidates, using sources such as computer databases, networking, Internet recruiting resources, media advertisements, job fairs, recruiting firms, or employee referrals.
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using human resources management system software.
- Provide management with information or training related to interviewing, performance appraisals, counseling techniques, or documentation of performance issues.
- Review employment applications and job orders to match applicants with job requirements.
- Schedule or conduct new employee orientations.
- Select qualified job applicants or refer them to managers, making hiring recommendations when appropriate.
- Advise management on organizing, preparing, or implementing recruiting or retention programs.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in the HR field
- At least 2 years of experience in a healthcare setting required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Results-focused while honoring the importance of relationships
- Knowledge of research-based best practices related to hiring and recruitment
- Very good negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative and solve problems.
- Highly proficient in computer technical skills using HR software, Microsoft Sharepoint, Microsoft Publisher, Excel, and as such
EDUCATION, LICENSE, OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Organizational Behavior, Business Administration or related field
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and/or SPHR certification preferred
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
- Company-paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Profit-sharing and 401(k) benefits
- Paid company holidays
- PTO accrual begins on day one!
To apply for this job please visit www.ondemandassessment.com.